- I was to a party. WRONG
- I was at a party. RIGHT
Did you go out last night?
- No, I was to home. WRONG
- No, I was at home. RIGHT
You can never say was to.
Where did you go for your holiday last year?
- I went to the Canary Islands. RIGHT
- I went the Canary Islands. WRONG
We go to a place but:
- I usually go home after I finish work. RIGHT
- I usually go to home................. WRONG
- When did you get home yesterday? RIGHT
- When did you get to home...? WRONG
- Come home with me! RIGHT
- Come to home...! WRONG
- He didn't arrive home until late. RIGHT
- He didn't arrive at home... WRONG
we don't use to with verbs of movement and home.
With the following places we use a preposition but we don't usually use the:
- I went to bed early yesterday. RIGHT
- I went to the bed ...... WRONG
- He goes to church every Sunday.
- He would like to go to university next year.
- She always gets to work by underground.
- He didn't t want to come to school today.
- You need to go to hospital.
With all other places we use prepositon + the:
- I need to go to the shops. RIGHT
- I need to go to shops. WRONG
- Are you coming with us to the cinema?
- I went to the swimming pool on Saturday.
- Come to the party with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment