My mother's name is Jean. She's 68. She doesn't work now. She is retired. She has a brother and a sister. Her brother (my uncle) lives in London. He still works. He is a baker and his wife works in the shop.
My father's name is Dugald. He is 68 too. My mother doesn't want him to retire. He works in an office. He doesn't have any brothers or sisters.
I have one brother, Allan. He is married to Mirella. She doesn't come from Scotland. My sister-in law's family is from Bosnia. Allan and Mirella live in Qatar.
I have a nephew and a niece. Andrew is 8 and Katarina is 5.
My parents' house has a garden.
My mother likes gardening in her free time. She does the housework during the day and makes dinner for my father. She watches TV in the evening.
My father goes to a football match at the weekend. He loves football. He watches it on TV, reads about it in the newspapers and listens to it on the radio too.
Write about your family.
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My mother's name is Maria,She's 62. She does work at housewife, She has two sister and one brother. My father's name is Diego, he's retired, he's 62 he has tree brother, one sister and two dogs, he loves go for a walk with his dogs.
I have one brother a one sister. My brother is truck-drive, he travels during the day, wich day in a different place. My sister's saleswoman, he's 36 and he has a daughter, she's tree. They live in a flat in Valladolid. My parents live in Valladolid too, they live in a house with a garden.
My mother makes a wonderful potatoes-tortilla, I love it.
Graham, good morning look at this URL please, is very funny. The pronuntiation in English is very important you say, but Mr. Botín is different. See you.
URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaLDoWqIq2M
Hi Dewy!
I see that you have started a blog too. I hope that it is more successful than this one. lol
Hi! My mother's name is Maria. She's 62. She IS A HOUSEWIFE. She has two sisterS and one brother.
My father's name is Diego. He's retired. He's 62. He has THREE brotherS, one sister and two dogs. He loves GOING for a walk with his dogs.
I have one brother AND one sister. My brother is A TRUCK DRIVER. He travels during the day; EACH day TO a different place.
My sister's A saleswoman. SHE's 36 and SHE has a daughter WHO IS THREE. They live in a flat in Valladolid. My parents live in Valladolid too; they live in a house with a garden.
My mother makes a wonderful Spanish omelette. I love it.
Don't forget "a" for jobs.
I'm teacher. WRONG
I'm a teacher. RIGHT
or
He works as an engineer.
Verbs take "ing" after the verbs like, hate and love.
I like playing sport.
I hate shopping.
I love learning English.
I have seen the video of Mr. Botin. I wasn't sure at first, if it was his voice or not. It is really funny.
I hope that your pronunciation will be much better than his.
Hello Graham,
My mother's name es Angeles. She's 59. She works in a hospital. She has two sister. My father's name is José. He's 59 too and he's works in a shop. My parents live in a flat near of the center Madrid.
I have two sister: Belén and Mª José. Belén is married to Mario and they have two children (Rocío and Claudia). My brother-in-law works in a office and my sister too. They live in a flat near of mys parents.
My other sister is Mª José, she's my little sister. She's 28. She works in a school and she studies at university. She live with my parents.
Bye ... Bye. See you!!.
Cristina C.
Hi Cristina,
My mother's name IS Angeles. She's 59. She works in a hospital. She has two sisterS. My father's name is José. He's 59 too and he WORKS in a shop. My parents live in a flat near THE CENTRE OF Madrid.
I have two sisterS: Belén and Mª José. Belén is married to Mario and they have two children (Rocío and Claudia). My brother-in-law works in AN office and my sister too. They live in a flat NEAR MY parents.
My other sister is Mª José, she's my little sister. She's 28. She works in a school and she studies at university. She LIVES with my parents.
Look:
I live near of my parents. WRONG
I live near my parents. RIGHT
There is no preposition after "near" in English.
Remember the 3rd person "s":
My father works...
She lives...
His sister likes....
He drives... etc
Also be careful with plurals!
See you!
Post a Comment