Friday, 25 September 2009

The best view in Madrid


One of the tallest buildings in the centre of Madrid is the one in the picture - "Torre de Madrid". I was at a party in the top floor flat a few years ago. The views are incredible.

I live in one of the noisiest neighbourhoods in Madrid - Malasaña. It is especially noisy at the weekend when people leave the pubs. I have lived in the Salamanca neighbourhood. It is quieter than Malasaña but it is more boring. The shops in Salamanca are more expensive too. People who live in Malasaña are generally younger than those who live in Salamanca

There aren't many parks in Madrid. Retiro is probably the biggest and busiest. I sometimes like going to Campo del Moro. It is usually quieter than other parks.

Describe the area where you live and compare it to another neighbourhood. Using a mixture of superlatives and comparatives, describe places and things in Madrid.

3 comments:

JoseLuisVantare said...

Buenos días Graham, soy José Luis, un ex-alumno tuyo de la academia Hyland, como seguidor de tu interesante blog en primer lugar quiero felicitarte el nuevo año, y darte esta referencia laboral que me han pasado esta mañana a traves de Twitter.Que tal te va? continuas en Hyland? Espero tus noticias, te mando un abrazo.

Graham said...

Hi José Luis!

Happy new year!

Good to hear from you again.

How are things with you?

I still have some classes at Hyland and my own classes too. Are you thinking of returning?

What is the job opportunity? Tell me more. You can contact me via my e-mail too. grahammaccy@yahoo.es

Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

Buenos dias,
felicitaciones por tu blog,muy bello, yo hago algo similar pero acerca de los barrios de buenos aires, aunque yo vivo en un pequeno barrio en las afueras de la gran ciudad.