I have breakfast at home every morning. I usually have coffee, orange juice, cereal and toast for breakfast. I often watch the news while I have breakfast. I never leave home without having had breakfast.
I have a shower and then I get dressed quickly.
I always walk to my classes. If I am late, I run! I am often in a hurry. My first class is only five minutes from my house. I am very lucky.
My first class starts at eight o'clock. It is only for an hour but it is fun.
I meet a colleague for another coffee. Then I go to my next class. I get there before ten.
After the class, I sometimes do some shopping. Then I go home. I prepare more classes and listen to some music. Then I have lunch. I usually have lunch at home before one o'clock.
What time do you usually wake up?
Do you get up immediately or do you stay in bed?
Do you have breakfast at home?
What do you have for breakfast?
Do you have a shower before or after breakfast?
What time to you leave home?
What time do you get to work?
How do you get to work?
Do you have a break?
What time do you have lunch?
Do you go home for lunch?
Write about your typical weekday morning. Consider the above questions.
Remember to check expressions that you don't know in the dictionary. Check the prounciation of the following too:
- early
- least
- immediately
- breakfast
- shower
- dressed
- hurry
- lucky
- colleague
4 comments:
My typical Thursday morning.
I get up at quarter past six, it is very early for me but it's for every morning for/the week. I wake up before twenty past six. Then I am in a hurry because I don't have much time.
I have a shower at half past six and then I get dressed. I have breakfast, I only have a cup of tea because when I arrive to work I eat a croissant or the biscuits. I never have coffee (= I don't have coffee).
I leave home at twenty to eight then I get a bus and a train for (to) go to work.
I start in the work (= get to work) at half past eight. Then I usually have a croissant or the biscuits with other cup of tea at ten o'clock and too I smoke one or two cigarettes in a room for smokers, of course!.
I usually finish at two o'clock and I eat quirtly in my office. I am in a hurry because I go to Hyland Center for the English class at half past two.
Then I return to work at five minutes past four. If I don't have more labours I leave work at half past seven.
Then I go to home and I arrive to home at quarter past eight.
Cristina C.
My typical Tuesday morning is very similar at other days, for example wednesday or Monday. I wake up almost 7, my Blackberry is the alarmclock and I get up inmediately, I don`t like lost time in bed, and I tell me hurry up, then go to kitchen and I have breakfast coffee, toast or fruit, I never leave home without having had breakfast, during the breakfast I read newspaper on the internet, I have a shower after breakfast around half-past seven, then I get dressed, I go to work at just after half past eight, before start work I meet a colleague for talk and take another coffee, it's very funny. I start work at half-past nine, read e-mails, phone calls and meetings, I like my work, I'm lucky. I have lunch at half-past one always at home, I'm very lucky because my work and my home are very near.On Tuesday I finish work at almost 6, after work, usually I go shopping, and go for a walk, I love go for a long walk. At night, usually dinner just after half-past nine, then read a Graham's blog and study English, read other blog's, litsen to music, talk with my girlfriend, then half-past one goto bed.
I WAKE UP at quarter past six; it is very early for me AND IT'S every morning OF THE WEEK. I GET UP before twenty past six. Then I am in a hurry because I don't have much time.
I have a shower at half past six and then I get dressed. I have breakfast; I only have a cup of tea because when I ARRIVE AT work I eat a croissant or SOME biscuits. I never have coffee.
I leave home at twenty to eight then I get a bus and a train TO GO to work.
I START WORK at half past eight. Then I usually have a croissant or SOME biscuits with ANOTHER CUP of tea at ten o'clock and I ALSO smoke one or two cigarettes in a room for smokers, of course!
I usually finish at two o'clock and I eat QUICKLY in my office. I am in a hurry because I go to Hyland Center for the English class at half past two.
Then I return to work at FIVE past four. If I don't have A LOT OF WORK, I leave work at half past seven.
Then I GO HOME and I ARRIVE HOME at quarter past eight.
No preposition with home, so:
go home, arrive home, get home, come home...
another + singular nouns
other + plural nouns
also (before verb) = too (at end of sentence)
I also smoke a cigarette =
I smoke a cigarette too.
My typical Tuesday morning is very SIMILAR TO other days.
I wake up JUST BEFORE 7. My Blackberry is the alarm clock and I get up IMMEDIATELY. I don`t like WASTING time in bed, and I TELL MYSELF TO hurry up. Then I go to THE kitchen and I have breakfast; coffee, toast or fruit.
I never leave home without having had breakfast. During BREAKFAST I read A newspaper on the internet.
I have a shower after breakfast around half-past seven, then I get dressed.
I go to work at just after half past eight. Before I START work I meet a colleague TO TALK and HAVE another coffee. It's GOOD FUN. I start work at half-past nine, read e-mails, MAKE PHONECALLS and HAVE MEETINGS. I'm lucky BECAUSE I like my work. I ALWAYS have lunch at half-past one at home. I'm very lucky because my work IS VERY NEAR my home .
On Tuesday I finish work at AROUND 6. After work,i usually go shopping, and go for a walk. I love GOING for a long walk. At night, I usually HAVE DINNER just after half-past nine, then read GRAHAM'S blog and study English, read other BLOGS, LISTEN to music, talk with my girlfriend, then AT half-past one I go to bed.
adverbs: usually, sometimes, always etc are before verbs.
Why? to...
I meet my colleague to talk about work. (para hablar...)
Post a Comment