Wednesday, 12 November 2008

What does he/she do?



A pilot flies a plane.

He travels a lot.

He works three or four days a week.

He speaks English very well.

He wears a uniform.

He earns a lot of money.

He doesn't work alone.

He has special qualifications.

He loves his job.




A receptionist works in a hotel.

She speaks two or three languages.

She doesn't have any special qualifications.

She usually wears a uniform.

She uses a computer.

She doesn't need to drive.

She works with the public.

She answers the phone.

She doesn't earn much.

She works shifts.


Choose two other jobs. What do they do? What don't they do?

13 comments:

Dewy said...

She is Secretary, Secretary works inside.
She speaks a lot by phone.
She doesn't earn a lot of money.
She likes her job.
She doesn't wear a uniform.
She works with other people.
She gets up very early every day.
She doesn't have a special. qualifications, but she speaks five languages.
She works whit computers.

Dewy said...

He´s a Police-officer.
He works outside.
He drives a police-car.
He wors a lot.
He doesn't earn much.
He doesn't wear a uniform, He's a secret-police.
He works with other people.
Sometimes He works with computer.
He has a special qualifications.
He doesn't speak other languages.
He's a good guy.

Sara Tio said...

Hello! I'm Sara.

See you later!!!

123456 said...

Hello Graham.
How are you? I´m fine.

See you soon.
Ana MOTA.

Graham said...

Hi Dewy!

Who is "Dewy" by the way? I guess it is José Luis. Am I right? Is that your nickname? Why?

She is A secretary. Secretaries work inside. (jobs don't need a capital letter)
She DOESN'T HAVE ANY special qualifications. ("any" in negative sentences with plural nouns)
She works WITH computers.

You can see that your mistakes are in capital letters.

Do you have a secretary in your job? Does she speak five languages?!

I sometimes think I need a secretary to help me organize things.

Graham said...

He's a police officer.
He WORKS a lot.
He works for the secret police. (Does he work for the KGB?)
He is an undercover policeman (he doesn't wear a uniform).
Sometimes he works with COMPUTERS.
He HAS SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS.

I think police officers spend a lot of their time working at a desk too.

Don't police officers in Spain earn much? They earn a lot in the UK.

Policemen don't carry guns on the street in the UK.

Do you really think that all policemen are good guys?

Graham said...

Hi Ana and Sara!

You are both now signed up to participate in the blog. Well done! I know that it isn't easy at first.

Do you agree with Jose Luis's description of a secretary?

Think of other jobs and describe what they do.

Dewy said...

Graham, You succeeded about my nickname. Is correct the phrase?.
The nick mean fresh or something similar, I like. Tomorrow continue with the new exercices. Bye

Graham said...

You were right about my nickname. Is the sentence correct?

"to succeed in doing something" eg After many attempts, you succeeded in sigining up to the blog.

The nick MEANS fresh or something similar; I like IT.

"like" is always followed by an object.

I WILL continue with the new EXERCISES tomorrow.

Dew is the water that forms on surfaces in the morning (= "rocío"). If your eyes are "dewy" then you feel emotional.

I didn't know that you were the emotional type!

Anonymous said...

Hello Graham,

How are you?. I'm fine. It's Ok, I count in Google/Blogger.

See you on the tuesday in class.

Bye.

Cristina C.

Graham said...

Hi Crisitina!

It is good to see that you are participating in the blog too.

I hope that you will find it useful and that you will learn from your mistakes.

...I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH Google.

See you ON Tuesday in class.

Remember that days of the week (like months, nationalites and languages) start with CAPITAL LETTERS.

Look:

See you on the Thursday. WRONG
See you on Thursday. RIGHT

We don't use "the" with days of the week.

Anonymous said...

He's a journalist.
He speaks a lot my phone.
He doesn't earn a lot of money.
He travels a lot and he works in an office.
He has a special qualifications and he works with computers.
He doesn't other languages but it's depends.
He likes his job.

Hello Graham:
I'm Cristina. How are you?. I'm fine.
See you on tuesday!.
Bye bye.

Graham said...

Hi Cristina!

He's a journalist.
He speaks BY PHONE A LOT.
He doesn't earn a lot of money.
He travels a lot and he works in an office.
He has SOME special qualifications (PLURAL!) and he works with computers.
He doesn't SPEAK ANY other languages but IT depends.
He likes his job.

Good work!