Where are you going to go on holiday this summer?
I'm going to go home to Scotland in July.
I'm going to fly to Bristol, in the south-west of England and spend a couple of days there. I'm going to visit Bath, a town near Bristol, which everybody says is beautiful. Then I'm going to fly home to Inverness.
I'm going to stay at my parents'. A friend of mine is going to visit me and so I'm going to be a tour-guide this summer. I'm going to borrow my father's car and we're going to drive around the country. We're going to do a lot of sightseeing. I'm going to fly back to Madrid from Edinburgh at the end of July.
So I'm going to be in Spain in August. I am not sure what I'm going to do. I'd love to visit Cadiz this year; I have never been there.
What are you going to do tonight?
I'm going to see a friend and we're going to go for something to eat. I'm not going to stay out late. I'm going to go to bed early because I'm really tired.
Tell me about your plans for your summer holiday and your plans for tonight. Answer the following questions too:
Are you going to go out this weekend?
Are you going to go away for the weekend? If so, where to? What are you going to do there?
What are you going to do when you finish work today?
Are you going to see your friends this evening?
What are you going to have for dinner tonight? Are you going to cook?
What time are you going to get up tomorrow morning?
Are you going to continue studying English next year?
Tuesday, 12 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Where are you going to go on holiday this summer?
I'm not sure!. I think that this summer we're going to stay at home because my partner's/is going to change work now and he isn't going to have a lot of days for holiday, only a week, I imagine!.
So, we're going to go to the village and it's possible we're going to see my uncles for four or five days. They live in Tarragona, near the beach. We're going to go here for enjoy the sun and the beach.
I'm sure (that) I'm going to fly Paris two weeks ago with my friend for a weekend. I think (that) we're going to have a great time and we're going to speak in French.
What are you going to do tonight?
I'm going to have a shower and I'm going to call a friend and my mother and then I'm going to make for dinner with my partner. I think I'm going to watch the TV (anything interesting but I don't know what are there? ...). Then I'm going to read my book a little and I'm going to go to bed early because tomorrow I get up at 6.15 a.m.
Bye!
Cristina.
Answer the following questions too:
- Are you going to go out this weekend?
No, I'm not going to go out this weekend. Our family's/is going to come for dinner in our house Saturday night.
- Are you going to go away for the weekend? If so, where to? What are you going to do there?
No, I'm not going to go away for this weekend.
- What are you going to do when you finish work today?
I'm going to go to shopping, especially food and anything for drink. I don't have nothing.
- Are you going to see your friends this evening?
No, I'm not going to see my friends this evening. I usually meet with my friend every Friday.
- What are you going to have for dinner tonight? Are you going to cook?
I don't know. I think I'm going to make an omelette, it's very easy!
- What time are you going to get up tomorrow morning?
I'm going to get up tomorrow morning at 6.15 a.m.
- Are you going to continue studying English next year?
Yes, I'd like to continue studying English next year bur it's depends to my work. If I continue working near here I'm going to continue stuying English in Hyland Centre.
Cristina.
I'm not sure! I think that this summer we're going to stay at home because my partner's going to change JOB now and he isn't going to have a lot of days for holiday, only a week, I imagine!
So, we're going to go to A VILLAGE and it's possible we're going to see my uncles for A FEW days. They live in Tarragona, near the beach. We're going to go THERE *TO enjoy the sun and the beach.
I'm sure (that) I'm going to FLY TO Paris *IN TWO WEEKS TIME with my friend for a weekend. I think (that) we're going to have a great time and we're going to speak in French.
*Why are you going to Tarragona?
for enjoy the sun WRONG
to enjoy the sun RIGHT
*Why are you going to Paris?
for practise my French WRONG
to practise my French RIGHT
*"in two weeks time" is the future.
"two weeks ago" is the past.
What are you going to do tonight?
I'm going to have a shower and I'm going to call a friend and my mother and then I'm going to MAKE DINNER FOR my partner. I think I'm going to WATCH TV (I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO WATCH - WHAT IS ON?) Then I'm going to read my book FOR A BIT and I'm going to go to bed early because tomorrow I get up at 6.15 a.m.
- Are you going to go out this weekend?
No, I'm not going to go out this weekend. Our family's going to come TO OUR HOUSE FOR DINNER ON Saturday night.
- Are you going to go away for the weekend? If so, where to? What are you going to do there?
No, I'm not going to go away THIS WEEKEND
- What are you going to do when you finish work today?
I'm going to *GO SHOPPING, especially FOR FOOD and DRINK. I don't have *ANYTHING.
- Are you going to see your friends this evening?
No, I'm not going to see my friends this evening. I usually MEET MY friend every Friday.
* I do the shopping every Saturday = my regular visit to the supermarket.
*I don't understand anything. (any in negative constructions)
- What are you going to have for dinner tonight? Are you going to cook?
*I think I'm going to make an omelette, it's very easy! (= I'M PROBABLY GOING TO MAKE AN OMELETTE)
- What time are you going to get up tomorrow morning?
I'm going to get up AT 6.15 TOMORROW MORNING.
- Are you going to continue studying English next year?
Yes, I'd like to continue studying English next year bur IT DEPENDS ON my work. If I continue working near here I'm going to continue studying English AT Hyland.
* if you are unsure about your plans then use "might":
I might make an omelette.
listen to the pronunciation of "might".
Where are you going on holiday this year?
I might go to Paris. (possibility)
I am going to Paris) (definite plan)
Post a Comment