Sunday, 3 May 2009

My neighbourhood

I live in Malasaña, a neighbourhood in the centre of Madrid, which was part of "el movimento madrileño" in the late 70s early 80s. It is still popular with young people as there are a lot of small pubs; some of which are open until very late. There are also many places to eat, which are usually quite cheap. There aren't any cinemas but you don't need to walk far to find one.

I live in a street next to a busy square. There are outdoor cafés and restaurants that are crowded when it is sunny. I don't like it when "musicians" play their instruments to entertain the people there; especially because it is continual and they don't have a variety of tunes. I can hear "Hello Dolly" played on the trumpet six times a day, every day, from April to October.




Lots of people take their dogs for a walk in the square and there are two areas for children to play in. There is an ancient arch in the middle of the square and a statue which sometimes has a bottle of beer in its hand!


There is a theatre around the corner from where I live but I have never been there. There are a lot of little shops which sell all kinds of things.


I like living in this neighbourhood but I would prefer to live in a flat where I couldn't hear the noise from the street. It is noisy both night and day.


What about your neighbourhood? Where do you live? Do you like living there? What is/isn't there?


Read the post "Inverness - my hometown" from November 2007 and write about a town that you know well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY NEIGHBOURHOOD

I live in Vicálvaro, a neighbourhood in the south east of Madrid. It's a new neighbourhood and I live yehre four years ago and we live near of my parents' house, that's important for me too. There is a big park and lots of people take their dogs for a walk in. Too there are three areas for children to play in. There are a pharmacy and two banks on the corner for my street. There is a school near of my flat. There ir Faunia just in front of the big park. Faunia is a kind of zoo where there are a lot of animals.

I live in a big avenue and there are some roundabout and lot of traffic lights. In the big park there is a lake where there are some fish and drakes but the people can't try to catch fish.

In my neighbourhood there aren't a lot of shops and it's necessary to take to the car for go to the shopping or for go to the station train. If I would like to go the shopping at supermarket or go to the cinema I drive some kilometres.

I really like there because there are a lot of young people. I think it's a new neighbourhood where there are some green areas and it isn't noisy. In general, my neighbours don't have noisy and they are very nice. I think we are luchy!.

Graham said...

I live in Vicálvaro, a neighbourhood in the south east of Madrid. It's a new neighbourhood. I MOVED THERE four years ago/I HAVE LIVED THERE FOR FOUR YEARS and we live NEAR MY parents' house, WHICH IS important for me too. There is a big park WHERE lots of people take their dogs for a walk. There are three areas for children to play in TOO. There IS A pharmacy and two banks on the CORNER OF my street. There is a school NEAR MY flat. There is Faunia just in front of the big park. Faunia is a kind of zoo where there are a lot of animals.

I live in a big avenue and there are SOME ROUNDABOUTS and A LOT OF traffic lights. In the big park there is a lake where there are some fish and DUCKS but YOU can't GO FISHING.

In my neighbourhood there aren't a lot of shops and it's necessary to take to the car TO GO to the SHOPS or TO go to the TRAIN STATION. If I would like to GO SHOPPING at THE supermarket or go to the cinema I HAVE TO drive some kilometres.

I really LIKE IT HERE because there are a lot of young people. It's a new neighbourhood where there are some green areas and it isn't noisy. In general, my neighbours AREN'T NOISY/ DON'T MAKE MUCH NOISE and they are very nice. I think we are lucky!



I would love to live in a quieter neighbourhood but I prefer living in the centre especially because I work in the centre. I wouldn't like to need a car to go to the supermarket.

But I suppose there is no such ting as the perfect place to live!