
This is a map of Great Britain. Everybody can find London and most people know where to find Edinburgh; the capital of Scotland. I was born in Inverness which is three and a half hours North of Edinburgh. It is the capital of the Higlands; a huge region, famous for its stunning beauty.
It has a population of about sixty thousand. It has grown in size over the last few years. Many English choose to make it their home and now there is a large Polish community too.
It is actually further North than Moscow but it isn't as cold. There is sometimes snow in winter but it doesn't last long. It is sometimes very warm and sunny in summer; but again, it doesn't last very long. Unfortunately, it is often cloudy and rainy.

The town is divided by the River Ness. It flows from Loch Ness which is nearby. There are some islands in the middle of the river where you can go for a pleasant walk. There are many bridges that connect the two sides. Along the river, there are some pretty churches and a cathedral.
Inverness even has its own castle, which is situated on a hill.There is also an important theatre, lots of shops and restaurants, and of course; plenty of pubs.
Many tourists visit in the summer and use Inverness as a base for exploring the surrounding countryside.
I still call it a town but it is actually a city. It officially became a city in 2000 to celebrate the new millenium.
What is your hometown like?
6 comments:
Hi Graham:
I think that your hometown it,s very nice, everybody says that Scothland is very green and beautiful place.
When I was young, ( more young )I lived in a town in south to Madrid, now it,s famous because it have a tematic park ( Warner Park )
The village is growing many years ago.
There are a church, but isn,t very beautiful, there are a lake too, it,s small but is very pleasant to walk.
In a suburbs there are many civil war caves but now you can,t visit it, manu years ago it was posible to pass, because there wasn,t a fence and wasn,t prohibited.
See you graham
Hi Silvia:
You should visit Scotland next summer. I think it is more varied than Ireland. (Slivia went there for her summer holiday) I don't know if people are being polite; but anytime I meet someone who has been to Scotland, they say they love it.
I think that your hometown IS very nice, everybody says that Scotland is A very green and beautiful place.
When I was YOUNGER I lived in a town in THE south OF Madrid. now it's WELL KNOWN because IT HAS a THEME park ( Warner Park )
IT HAS GOT BIGGER OVER THE YEARS.
There IS a church, but IT ISN'T very beautiful, there IS a lake too it's small but IT is very pleasant to GO FOR A WALK THERE.
In THE suburbs there are many civil war caves but now you can't visit THEM. Many years ago it was possible to enter them because there wasn't a fence and IT wasn't prohibited.
See you Friday, Silvia!
Hi Graham
Your blog is very good, bravo!
I lived in a little town of Francia.I lived here a long time ago and when I was student, I went out of my country to go to live in the Caribeen Island. I love beach and sun and Sin Marteen where I sinced to lived for 5 years was great for that! It is really difficult to me to speak in english... I have to pratice more with you... kisses, see you soon
Your french friend;-)
Cher Audrey:
I would love to know more about your hometown. Why don't you tell us what it is like?
"I COME FROM a little town in France.I lived there a long time ago and when I was student, I LEFT my country to go to live in the Caribeen Island. I love THE beach and sun and San Martin, where I lived for 5 years, was great for that! It is really difficult FOR me to speak in English... I have to pratice more with you"
You can practice all you like with me, Audrey. I'd like to learn some useful phrases for when I return to France. Perhaps you could teach me?! :-)
Hi Graham:
I still remember when I was with you in your city. It was three year ago and believe me, it was great.
Now you leave in Madrid, my city and I know you enjoy very much because here you have very good friends, so that I hope that you stay for a long time.
This is the firs time I write in your blog and it will not be the last.
See you.
I still remember when I was with you in your city. It was three YEARS ago and believe me, it was great.
Now you live in Madrid, my city and I know you ENJOY LIVING HERE
(1) very much because you have very good friends. So, I hope that you stay for A LONG TIME TO COME.
This is the first time THAT I HAVE WRITTEN (2) in your blog and it will not be the last.
See you.
(1) to enjoy doING something
eg I enjoy listening to opera.
enjoy + object
eg I enjoyed the party/it a lot.
Similarly "like" always requires + obect.
eg Did you like the film?
Yeah, I really like IT.
eg enjoy + reflexive
He enjoyed himself.
(2) This is the first/ second / third time that + Present perfect
eg This is the secont time that I have seen this film.
eg This is the third time that I have been in London.
No worries. I think of Madrid as my home and I am not thinking of going anywhere soon.
Post a Comment