Thursday, 5 February 2009

Let's...!

Let's + verb is the imperative form of "we"; you make a decision/suggestion for you and another person/other people. eg:

A. I don't like museums very much.
B. Let's go to the cinema then!

A. Look at the time. We're late.
B. Let's go!

Look at the following sentences. Match them to a suitable sentence that begins with let's!


1. The boss isn't here today.

2. I'm thirsty.

3. I don't want to cook.

4. It's a beautiful afternoon.

5. Javier doesn't understand English.

6. I don't think we can finish this for tomorrow.

7. The pilots are on strike next week.

8. I'm tired. I don't want to cook this evening.

9. I'm sorry but I'm busy all morning.



a. Let's speak in Spanish!

b. Let's have a beer!

c. Let's go for a walk in the park!

d. Let's meet after lunch then!

e. Let's finish work early!

f. Let's take the train then!

g. Let's eat out tonight!

h. Let's try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.- The boss isn't here today.
Let's finish work early!.
2.- I'm thristy.
Let's have a beer!.
3.- I don't want to cook.
Let's eat out!.
4.- It's a beautiful afternoon.
Let's go for a walk in the park!.
5.- Javier doesn't understand English.
Let's speak in Spanish!.
6.- I don't think we can finish this for tomorrow.
Let's try!.
7.- The pilots are on strike next week.
Let's take the train then!.
8.- I'm tired. I don't want to cook this evening.
Let's eat out tonight!.
9.- I'm sorry but I'm busy all morning.
Let's meet after lunch then!.

Graham said...

Well done! All correct!