Photo: cotibluemos.blogspotWhat's his first name?
Nicolas.
What's his surname?
Sarkozy.
How do you spell that?
S-A-R-K-O-Z-Y.
Where's he from?
He's from France.
Is he from Paris?
I don't know.
What's his job?
He's a politician.
How old is he?
I think he's about 52.
Is he married?
Yes, he is.
What's her name?
Carla Bruni.
How do you spell her surname?
B-R-U-N-I.
Is she from France?
No, she isn't. She's from Italy.
Is she from Milan?
I'm not sure.
What's her job?
She's a singer and a model.
How old is she?
She's about 37.
Is she married?
Yes, she is married to Nicolas Sarkozy.
Nicolas.
What's his surname?
Sarkozy.
How do you spell that?
S-A-R-K-O-Z-Y.
Where's he from?
He's from France.
Is he from Paris?
I don't know.
What's his job?
He's a politician.
How old is he?
I think he's about 52.
Is he married?
Yes, he is.
What's her name?
Carla Bruni.
How do you spell her surname?
B-R-U-N-I.
Is she from France?
No, she isn't. She's from Italy.
Is she from Milan?
I'm not sure.
What's her job?
She's a singer and a model.
How old is she?
She's about 37.
Is she married?
Yes, she is married to Nicolas Sarkozy.
The verb "to be":
I am / I'm / I'm not
You are / You're / You aren't
He is / He's / He isn't
She is / She's / She isn't
It is / It's / It isn't
We are / We're / We aren't
You are / You're / You aren't
They are / They're / They aren't
Long / Short forms:
What is.... (long) What's..... (short)
Where is.... (long) Where's.... (short)
but:
What are..... (no short form)
Where are.... (no short form)
and:
Are you from Spain?
Yes, I am. (no short form) not Yes, I'm.
Is he French?
Yes, he is. (no short form) not Yes, he's.
no short form with short positive answers!

What's your name?
Graham
What's your surname?
MacInnes
Is that M-c or M-a-c?
M-a-c- capital i- double n-e-s
Are you English?
No, I'm not.
Where are you from?
I'm from Scotland.
Are you from Edinburgh?
No, I'm from Inverness.
How old are you?
I'm 36.
What's your job?
I'm a teacher.
Are you married?
No, I'm not.
Possessive adjectives:
my / my telephone number
your / your first name
his / his surname
her / her job
its / its name
our / our teacher
your / your class
their / their ages
No comments:
Post a Comment