Friday, 24 October 2008

Verb Phrases

  1. My parents live in a house with a garden. I live in a flat. I don't have a garden but I have a small terrace.
  2. I only have one brother. I don't have any children.
  3. I read a newspaper everyday on the internet. I don't buy newspapers.
  4. I have glasses but I don't wear them every day.
  5. I don't smoke but a lot of my friends smoke.
  6. I have breakfast at home. I have a coffee and some toast.
  7. I love animals but I don't have any pets. My parents have two cats.
  8. I don't drive to work. I walk everywhere.
  9. I do the housework on Saturday.
  10. I watch the TV news every evening.
  11. I don't play sport but I go to the gym.
  12. I speak Spanish and Italian. I understand French but I don't speak it very well.

My brother:

  1. doesn't live in Scotland. He lives in Qatar.
  2. has two children, a son and a daughter. They both go to school.
  3. works in an office. He's an engineer.
  4. has a car and he drives everywhere.
  5. doesn't speak any languages.
  6. watches a lot of DVDs. He doesn't go to the cinema.
  7. plays golf. He doesn't play football now.
  8. drinks a lot of coffee. He drinks a lot of whisky too.

Write some sentences about you and someone you know, using the verb phrases from pages 16,17 and 143.

Practice the /s/ and /z/ pronunciation here.

No comments: