I read the synopsis before going, in case I didn't understand everything. I didn't have to worry because there were subtitles in Spanish and I could understand much of the Italian.
Even the Royal Family were there; including Felipe and Letizia just before they got married.
Being my first opera, it was a special occassion. I liked it a lot. I have been to about ten operas since then!

I went to the Teatro Español on Thursday evening to see an Italian play; "Il Ventaglio" (The Fan). It was a comedy but I didn't laugh that much. It was set in the 18th century. I thought it was well-acted.
After I went to eat in a restaurant next to the theatre; "La Trucha" (The Trout). The food was delicious. I had some aubergine, artichokes and lomo and also drank some sherry.
I am probably going to change gym so on Friday evening I went to a new one to try it out. I quite liked it. Later in the evening I had a birthday party to go to. It didn't finish so late.
I went out on Saturday evening. I met some friends for dinner and then we went to some pubs. I got home very late so, I didn't get up until Sunday afternoon. For the rest of the weekend, I just relaxed at home.
What about you? What did you do last week? Try to use different Past Tense Verbs.

2 comments:
Hi Graham:
I never had seen a play opera, and I think that it wouldn,t like me a lot.
I went to see a play theatre last month, her name is "Hijos de su madre", It was a comedy,( it was a some scketchs about relations very differents ) Her producer and director is an famous spanish actress.
The play was in Arlequin Theatre next to Gran via.
I saw last year other play maked for the same producer ( Antonia San Juan )and it was better than that.
I like the independent theater because usually is more original and cheaper.
See you tomorrow
Hi Silvia:
I didn't think that I would like opera either until I went to see Tosca.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN opera, and I think that WOULDN'T LIKE IT MUCH.
I went to see a play at the theatre last month. It IS CALLED "Hijos de su madre", It was a comedy,( it HAD some SKETCHES about VERY DIFFERENT RELATIONSHIPS ) ITS producer and director is A famous Spanish actress.
The play was AT THE Arlequin Theatre next to Gran via.
I saw ANOTHER play MADE BY the same producer ( Antonia San Juan )and it was better than HIS LATEST ONE.
I like the independent theatre because IT IS USUALLY more original and cheaper.
Remember:
Nouns/Verbs that end in X, S, CH, SH add ES to make the plural/3rd person ex BOXES, MISSES, MATCHES, WASHES.
Adjectives don't have plurals so you CAN'T say differents relationships, but different relationships!
A PLAY is at the theatre.
ANOTHER is for singular nouns eg another day OTHER is for plural nouns eg other countries
Names of countries, languages and nationalites have capitali letters eg Spain, French, Scottish...
Adverbs of Frequency (usually, often, never etc) are before all verbs but after the verb "to be" eg I never go to the opera, He is often late
I hardly ever go to the theatre because it is quite difficult to understand plays in Spanish.
OK Silvia Have a good weekend!
See you next Friday!
Post a Comment