Imagine you are on holiday in a city that you know well. Write a postcard/short letter from there, using a variety of constructions as in the following example from London. Use your imaginations! If you want to include photos, post them along with the text to my e-mail address.
Hello from London!
This is a great city - there is so much to see and do here! We are doing a lot of sightseeing. We saw the Changing of the Guard on Monday morning and went up the London Eye in the afternoon. There were incredible views of the whole city from the top.
We went shopping in Harrods department store yesterday. I just bought a few souvenirs but Liz spent a lot of money. It's a really expensive city - especially the transport and entrances to things.

Liz loves musicals, so tonight we are going to the theatre to see "Chicago". Tomorrow morning we are going to get up early to catch a train to Cambridge. There, we are going to rent a bike and explore the town.
We are staying in a comfortable hotel which is near the main sights. We have eaten out a lot and tried different kinds of cuisines such as Greek, Vietnamese and Indian.
We have been very lucky with the weather. It's been sunny and quite warm. I hope it stays that way.

I'd like to visit the Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels before I return home. Liz would prefer to go shopping around one of the street markets. I don't think she will have any money by the end of the week. We certainly don't have time to do everything that we want.
Have you been to London? We could come together for a few days when we have the next public holiday.
See you soon!
lots of love,
Graham
No comments:
Post a Comment