Thursday, 13 November 2008

Possessive "s" (1)

Are the following sentences right or wrong? If they are wrong, correct them.

  1. My brother's name is David.
  2. His girlfriend's name is Kate.
  3. What's your name's sister?
  4. Is this notebook's Jill's?
  5. Are these your friend's bags?
  6. Are these your friends' bags?
  7. My parent's house has a garden.
  8. My wife's brother is called Linda.
  9. Their children's names are James and Christina.
  10. Carlos' car isn't red. It's blue.

Try this exercise on Family vocabulary.

Do the two exercises on possessive "s" in Lesson D

3 comments:

Graham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dewy said...

I have someone problems with 'S in the names, but I repeat the exercises a lot, finally I understand. I want more exercises. Thanks Graham.

Graham said...

I am surprised that you didn't find any mistakes in my Spanish!

The possessive "s" isn't so easy; it just needs, as with most things, a lot of practice.

I have *SOME problems with 'S in the names, but I repeat the exercises a lot and I FINALLY understand.

*"someone" = "alguien"