
My favourite time of year is late spring or early summer. It is the start of the warm weather and we don't have to wear a jacket or a jumper. I love eating out in the open air or just having a drink and watching the people walk past.
We are very lucky in Madrid. It is often sunny and hardly ever rains. But I am surprised that it can be cold from October through to May. What's the saying? Don't take off your jacket until the fortieth of May.
I don't go to the pool in the summer very often. I think it is boring and I have to be very careful because my skin suffers in the sun. I am the typical "guiri" in that respect.
I like to have a holiday in early July; somewhere along the coast. I would like to visit Cadiz this summer. I have never been there.
Like most people, I stay at home more in the winter months. I don't go skiing but if it is sunny I like going for a walk around the city.
It is very different in my town in Scotland. The winters are usually quite cold and the days are short. It gets dark very early. When I visit my parents at Christmas, I often stay at home.
Summer is too short. I am usually unlucky with the weather. Warm, sunny days don't last very long. I really like taking the car and going on trips to the countryside. I love walking along a beautiful, deserted beach. The Highlands of Scotland has some spectacular scenery.
What about you? What is your favourite season? What do you do in the different seasons?
4 comments:
MY FAVOURITE SEASON
My favourite season of year is summer because it's the moment of my holidays and the days are very long. Too I really like the summer because I work until three o'clock and I'm free all the afternoom. I go to the pool-swimming very often.
The last summer, in September, I visit (en pasado) Egypte, it was very hot but your art is very interesting.
The winter are usually quite cold and I like to stay at home or to go the cinema on Saturdays.
In spring Madrid is very beautiful because every parks are very flowers and the sky is very blue. I don't like very much the spring because I'm alergic (=alérgica).
Bye!. See you!!.
My favourite season of THE YEAR is summer because it's the moment of my holidays and the days are very long. I ALSO really like the summer because I ONLY work until three o'clock and I'm free all the AFTERNOON. I go to the SWIMMING POOL very often.
LAST SUMMER, in September, I VISITED EGYPT, it was very hot but ITS art is very interesting.
The winter IS usually quite cold and I like to stay at home or go the cinema on Saturdays.
In spring Madrid is very beautiful because ALL THE parks are FULL OF flowers and the sky is very blue. I don't like SPRING VERY MUCH because I'm alergic TO POLLEN / I GET HAYFEVER.
every park = singular
all the parks = plural
"very much" after the object = I like it very much.
Good work!
My favourite seasons is at the end of the summer to first weeks of autumn because it is not too hot and also you can enjoy sports out sides as ride mountain bike or running but I love part of the winter (February) as I am 15 days for holidays and is simple I choice that seasons because other countrys as Australia is in summer and I could visit diferentes citys such was posible like Surfer Paradise, Byron Bay and Sydney when I took advantage each citys and practics surfing, I enjoyed a lot I hope to come back soon.
Best!!
Hi Hugo,
I agree with you. Late summer / early autumn is the best time of the year. Spring is also pleasant as the days get longer.
My favourite season is between the end of the summer and the first few weeks of autumn because it is not too hot and you can also enjoy outdoor sports such as mountainbiking or running. I love part of the winter (February) as I have 15 days of holidays and simple to choose that season because other countries such as Australia is in summer and I could visit different cities as was possible in Surfer Paradise, Byron Bay and Sydney when I took advantage of each city to go surfing, I enjoyed it a lot and I hope to go back soon.
Post a Comment